I always thought as soon as Nolan was 4 our lives would get so much easier. Our kids would be more independent and able to do things on their own and communicate their wants and needs with us. In so many ways out lives have gotten easier but in so many ways they've gotten harder. I'm starting to become that taxi mom and balancing activities for 3 kiddos. Here's prof that we are starting to move into that next phase of life…..you know when your kids pick to hang out with friends over family. We had dinner to celebrate Grandpas birthday. Easton had a friends birthday party and Spencer had a sleepover. I was torn on if they should go or not but Grandma said they should.
So these 3 represented and actually Ryan and I enjoyed having just 1 child at dinner and it was less fighting over who got to blow out the candles.
For Christmas I got the boys tickets to see the MN Timberwolves. They were pumped to go to the game. I also think they all dressed themselves. I don't understand why if your just going to watch the game you must wear shorts and basketball shoes. I guess they are ready if the team were to need another player.
Apparently Spencer was taking selfies. I found these on my camera.
We did make your own pizzas from papa murphys. Eastons hair is horrible during winter hat season.
Here's what one of my days home with Nolan looks like. He usually kill a half hour in the tub.
While I scrub and clean one room he's busy making a mess in another room.
For 3 days straight I couldn't keep the cushions on my couch. He kept taking them off.
So I finally put him to work. He wanted to wash the dishes. His idea of washing is to rinse them under the water.
Easton's class has had about 20 cases of strep. We had our turn a few weeks ago and he finished up his meds. I got a phone call one day that he was in the office with a stomach ache. I knew he had had a rough morning almost missing the bus so I wonder if he didn't just have a bad day in general. My suspicion was confirmed when he got home and started eating. He did complain a little about his throat so I wasn't going to take any chances and brought him in. Yup he told the Dr. he just missed mom and that's why he wanted to come home. I told him the police will come and get him if he misses school like that. Inside I thought it was super sweet that he missed me. He tends to be way more sensitive about that then the other two.
WE have a 2nd shark in our family. Easton's bottom teeth are growing in behind his baby teeth. His baby tooth is so close to falling out.
Nolan was eating a hamburger for dinner. He got up to go into the office and I heard him choke and he pointed at us like he couldn't breath….. I ended up needing to do they Heimlich on him. That scared me… I don't like thinking about that moment.
Here's what we did on our other day off together. After spending 1-1/2 hours at the clinic (he's been having really bad bloody noses) We were starving and needed lunch.
Then it was off to Target. My little bunny was an excellent shopping partner.
I caved and we got a teepee.
Josie and I were able to get outside for our run this past week. Our temps are starting to warm up. At the end we both agreed we are out of shape but we are trying.
It was moms vs mites at Spencer's practice. I think I did an ok job skating with those kids.
Spencer's season is coming to an end. I'm so ready to have our evening and weekends back but I know the boys will miss playing.
Spencer's class won a pj party by bringing in the most box tops.
This weekend was Spencer's final hockey jamboree. It was another chance for them to see how far they've come and play against other teams. He had 2 games on Saturday and one one Sunday. Grandpa Dan showed up on Saturday to watch him play. He's was even wearing his new Hudson Hockey coat!
Spencer was center. That means apparently he gets to do the face offs. I have so much to learn yet.
This game he played the right wing?!?!
I think his only goal all of the games was to get the puck, skate down the ice and score. His first 2 games he had 2 goals.
Ryan was reliving his glory days as a mite. Here's an article Grandpa John brought up. If you look in the 2nd paragraph you will see who Spencer was named after.
Grandpa also brought some old pictures. I think these ones of Ryan look like Nolan and Spencer.
Looking good Nolan! He was off to go swimming.
Here are some photos that the professional photographer got at Spencer's jamboree.
Grandpa John flew in from Texas to surprise the boys. He was excited to watch Spencer skate. I think having him there made Spencer skate a little bit faster. He had good weekend on the ice. I was proud of our little skater.
Here's what I've been doing in my free time. Looking at houses. We are still trying to find a builder and a floor plan we like. I LOVE going and looking at houses. Here are some things on my wish list! :)
This is something I started to see in a lot of homes and it's on the boys wish list.




































No comments:
Post a Comment