Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Day 13

Today Spencer had his 2nd part of his testing done. I had more forms to fill out.

I didn't learn a ton today. I asked her before we left if she had any thoughts or what she was thinking. She said for sure he's not ADD or ADHD. He will sit and focus and can stay on task. His is more of a visual processing issue. She said he's directionally challenged meaning it's hard for him to move left to right. I asked her option on him being diagnosed as dyslexic and she said sometimes people are quick to put kids in that bubble but it's not always the issue. I also get the feeling she doesn't believe much in dyslexia. She said there are a lot of things that are unique about the way he processes and that traditional interventions may not work for him. She did say when she makes her report it will be her recommendation that he works with OT. We meet with her mid Feburary to go over her formal report. She let him pick a toy for completing the testing. Yay a recorder.

Spencer and I had lunch before going back to school. I asked him if he knew why he was having the testing done. His response basically from our conversation was that he knows we are trying to figure out how his mind works. That school is harder for him and he knows he struggles more with stuff then most kids but he doesn't care.

We try to make learning fun at home and mix things up from time to time. Tonight he wrote his spelling words in sugar.

He also got to lick the plate once. 


No comments:

Post a Comment